I don’t really know what happens. I feel like we are so busy and have so much to do, but nothing actually gets accomplished!
My computer is upstairs in a little alcove in our rec room. With the exception of getting on once or twice to pay a bill that is too much work from my phone, and needing to cut a few things with my Silhouette, I haven’t been on my computer in months. Yes, months.
We don’t really have internet at our house. Not real internet anyway. We have a mobile hotspot from AT&T which is spotty with its connection. We live out in the country, and anything other than satellite (yuck) internet isn’t available out here. My phone doesn’t even have service most of the time. You would think that would make me more productive.
Spoiler Alert: It doesn’t. I’m a bit ADHD when it comes to productivity. I’m always in the middle of 10 projects and never seem to get any of them done!
- I’ve made some cups (which I think I’m going to start selling once I can build a turner that is better than the one I’ve already built)- I really enjoy the process of making them, so we’ll see what happens
- I’m working on painting my sons room. I’ve been working on it since spring break in April. It’s a lot of drama (I twisted my knee trying to paint his dormers) and I just dread it. But, I’m almost done! Maybe…
- We have all the shit from his room all over the upstairs, and it makes everything in me irritated. I feel like I’m drowning in it, but there isn’t anything to be done until I get the paint done and we can put his room back together.
- We still have 25 boxes of stuff from Hubby’s parents house that is sitting in the corner of the rec room waiting for us to go through it. I brought some of them home last July when I was down going through the house, and some of them came in September when we rented a uhaul for the furniture we inherited. They just stand in the other room and mock us.
- I have the kids books, clothes, and toys to go through because shit needs to be gone, but I’m so attached to shit that I have such a hard time of letting go. But damn, stuff we don’t use is taking over the fucking house and it’s driving me insane.
- I have paperwork all over the upstairs table, because I decided to clean out the filing cabinet because I didn’t have enough shit to do!
- Just to make life a little more interesting, I’ve applied to go back to school in August. Cause why the hell not add one more thing?! Getting shit together for that has been a pain in the ass.
I’m telling you. It’s insane. I haven’t been reading as much (and I miss it) nor have I been trying new recipes like I was. But damn-it, I’m going to!
Oh my God. I’ve got so much to talk about, and so many books to write about. I don’t even know where to start! I got the amazing opportunity to go to a book event in Texas, so I went on my first kid free vacation since the kids were born! I flew on a plane for the first time since 2009, I did touristy shit all by myself, I stayed in an Airbnb for the first time, I rode a city bus for the first time, and Holy Shit: I met Jonny James. For real. Can I just have a whole post to talk about him? I think I will! And I’ve read like 15 books, done all sorts of end of the year stuff with the kids at school, and worked on the damn yard and house. I’m exhausted and happy and so overwhelmed to talk about all of it!
The kids only have 5 days of school left! How is that possible?! Come on Summer!!! We have a trip to Texas to visit family the first week of June, and then after that I’m spending the next 7 weeks floating in the pool pretending that is all there is to live.
The Real Housewives of Christiana. hahaha.. <———–I don’t own “The Real Housewives” franchise. Don’t sue me, please. Ha!
I can only relax if all the landscaping I’m trying to do gets done and the pool gets opened. So, we’ll see!!
Well shit. Honestly, I don’t even like goodreads that much, because it’s not really user interactive for me. I wish I was able to blog and be more social and that sort of thing, but it’s not set up to be like that. Right now, I kind of use it as a place holder and replacement of Amazon. Since they (Amazon) wiped all my reviews out (which is how I came to be with a blog), I’ve been pretty pissed at them. I hate that I really have to use Amazon to be part of the indie book world. If there was any other way, trust me, I’d be all upon it!
Since this is not an Anti-Amazon post, I’ll move on.
Good reads has a “glitch” today. But, is it really a glitch? I don’t know. All my reviews (maybe?) are still there, but it just makes it harder to get to them. But, since I don’t have any “friends” on there (should I? – Does it make it a better experience if I do?), I don’t think that part really matters anyways!
I like the way that I can get in and see what books I’ve read without much fuss, and I just don’t want them to go the way of Amazon proper. I don’t wanna end up one of those people that has to have a spreadsheet of what books I’ve read. I’m just not that organized.
Are there any other websites out there that are set up to review books and interact with other readers and authors? If so, let me know!
Oh my God. The last 6 weeks have been crazy! Once Thanksgiving hits around here, things get a little crazy. And, my dad has been staying with us on and off, and he sleeps in the rec room for the most part, so I feel awkward sneaking in to get on the computer in the middle of the night. The last time I got on the computer before today was when I was printing out recipes for a couple of GlutenFree dishes for my brother’s girlfriend to have on Thanksgiving. Spoiler Alert: It was a disaster. Have no fear, you will hear all about it. And more. I have like 15 blogs I wanna write. They are all just swimming around in my head!
I have food, books, audio, crafts, clothes, parties, and new year resolutions to write about! Stay tuned! ❤